About Me

My photo

In June of 2014 my family learned that my 4 year old son was autistic. This is a window into our world. What it's like day in, and day out for an autistic child.

Justin's Friends

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Playing in Boxes

There is just something about an empty box that I think appeals to all children ! I've found that autistic children like an empty box even more than the average child.

Autistic children tend to prefer closed, quiet, dark spaces.

A box provides the perfect environment for playing, sleeping, or just hanging out.

Justin is no exception ! He has a very large box in his room, with a child size fold out couch inside of it. He absolutely loves it.

He also has one in the living room.

At night time Justin will wrap himself in a cocoon with his blanket, and sleep all night like that.

Justin's Instagram