Friday, November 20, 2015

Justin Did Not Start School

Justin did not start school last Tuesday. After thinking about it, and discussing it with my family. None of us where comfortable with having him go for full day school.

Really, I was caught off guard at the meeting where we discussed it.

You know, I have been jumping through the schools hoops for 4 months now.

autism spectrum disorder
I felt blindsided at that meeting. I thought we were all on the same page, and than suddenly I'm feeling like I'm having to defend why I'm not comfortable with throwing Justin into full time schooling. I just wasn't prepared for it.

The other thing that I wasn't prepared for was Justin's behavior, see he was at that meeting. He heard everything we were talking about. After we got home he started acting out and misbehaving.

Doing things he had never done before like hitting his siblings, doing things intentionally wrong, he was angry and would make an angry growling noise, and he would burst out in tears.

As a mother, I could not ignore those signs. After we talked with him about it, we told him if he didn't want to go he didn't have to, he said "Good." Later that day his older brother asked him," Justin, do you want to go to school" to which he replied "No."

Because nothing can just be a simple adjustment, now we must set another meeting.
Oh the endless meetings.
#JustinsAutism

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
M6GY-7BZE-2IUT-PLUF