Wednesday, October 28, 2015

The Struggle is Real

People who don't have children with autism will never fully understand how real and in your face the struggle is, day in and day out.

Today I started reading the book, I am in Here. On the front of the book under the title, it says, " The journey of a child with autism who cannot speak but finds her voice."

I read 4 chapters, and was in tears for almost all of them. Finally, a book that explains EXACTLY what it's like. The desperations, the tears, hopelessness, struggle, and just all around feeling of getting absolutely no where.

I would recommend this to anybody with a child with autism. Never before have I been so drawn in and captivated by a book (and I'm not an author.)

Here's an exert, " I sometimes fear that people cannot understand that I hear, and I know that they don't believe I go to every extreme to try to express my need to talk. If only they could walk in my shoes they would share my news: I am in here, and trying to speak every day in some kind of way, " Elizabeth Bonker - the child of the author Virginia Green.

Elizabeth's writings and poetry are throughout the book. They coincide directly with her mothers writings. Through her eyes, feelings, struggles, and joys.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
M6GY-7BZE-2IUT-PLUF