Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Patience is a Virtue

Having an autistic child means needing a lot of patience.

You need patience with any child, but with an autistic child it's magnified.

Up until Justin was three and a half yrs. old he was quiet, he played by himself, and he was virtually non-verbal.

Than he started his speech and occupational therapies, and he started coming out of himself. He started talking, and he was no longer just quiet.

Which is great !

What I didn't anticipate, was some of the other behaviors that came out also. I wasn't quite prepared for the transformation.

Everyday is a different day with Justin. It takes a bounty of patience and love.

What surprised me was my ability to adjust, and how I've changed because of it is amazing. I am also a different person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
M6GY-7BZE-2IUT-PLUF