About Me

My photo

In June of 2014 my family learned that my 4 year old son was autistic. This is a window into our world. What it's like day in, and day out for an autistic child.

Justin's Friends

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Official Testing for Autism

Justin got his official diagnosis of autism last week.

It took about 3 hours. He did really well. By the last person he had to see, he was getting antsy and I could tell he was getting on overload.

He saw a psychologist, a physician, and a speech pathologist.

Most of the consultations were them asking me questions.

This surprised me, but it was explained to me that because of his age and being non-verbal you can't get a whole lot of information from the child.

Justin has been on a waiting list for about a year, so it was very nice to get him seen.

Justin's Instagram