Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Beginning

When you have a new baby you are so excited at this new little person, and life that is yours. This was no exception with Justin. He was special in the fact that he has a twin sister. I had a healthy pregnancy, only gained 40 pounds and carried them to 39 1/2 weeks.

Once I had my epidural, within 15 minutes our first twin Rebecca was born. Than, 7 minutes later Justin was brought into the world.

From this point on, everything was a blur of diapers, feedings, and clothes changes.

Justin was "the perfect baby." He was happy, easy going, only cried when he was hungry. There was nothing that screamed "autism," until Justin reached around a year old.

Justin's vocabulary was only one word, if you held him he would arch his back away from you, and he would crawl around with his head on the ground for extended periods of time. He was also intrigued by wheels.

I must add, that it wasn't until he was about 3 that I admitted to myself that something wasn't right. I was in denial that my "baby" had anything wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected 
M6GY-7BZE-2IUT-PLUF